Among the 100+ essays I have written, I’m content with some, disappointed in others, and proud of a few. Fortunately, they do seem to be trending in the right direction.
In 2018, I wrote The Void and I: A Story About Everything, a long and unconventional piece, to summarize the assumptions that guide all this writing. It’s a good place to start.
Otherwise, the following list is divided into two categories based on popularity: the first highlights essays relating to what it means to live well; the latter covers how to think.
The Art of Living
A Shift in Thinking
The archive below contains all of the essays I have written over the years. They are arranged by date in reverse chronological order with my most recent pieces at the top.
- Jan 20 The Case Against Seriousness
- Dec 6 Meditation as Training
- Nov 14 The Myth of Enlightenment
- Sep 27 The Problem With Habits
- Sep 15 Reading Is a Conversation
- Oct 29 Zeno of Citium: Being Stoic
- Oct 20 The Two Types of Knowledge
- Aug 17 Dealing With the Mysterious
- Feb 25 Pale Blue Dot
- Feb 13 The Rules of Effectiveness
Join 40,000+ readers for exclusive access to my newsletter: